Monday, March 7, 2011

WATCH ME GROW: My First Ten Weeks

Here I am with my brothers & sister at New Zion.  We're 5 weeks old!
My dad Lucky from New Zion Shilohs
My mom Dora & me and my brothers and sister when we were 9 days old!
My First Day in Lafayette--9 Weeks Old
Been in Lafayette a week--10 Weeks Old
My name is Yuri, and I am an ISSR Shiloh Shepherd from New Zion Shilohs, the kennel of breed founder Tina Barber and her daughter Lisa in Fillmont, New York.  I was born on April 23, 2010.  My mom is Dora and my dad is Lucky.  They're both real deal ISSR Shiloh Shepherds from New Zion.  I'm gonna look just like my dad when I grow up!  When I was 9 weeks old, I got on a big airplane and flew to my new mom and my new home in Lafayette, Louisiana.  My new mom named me Yuri, because  I was born on the Feast Day of Saint George.  Mom didn't want to name me George, so she gave me the Russian name for George--YURI!  Saint George was known as the Dragon Slayer, and my mom says I'm learning to slay a lot of dragons, too--cardboard boxes, empty plastic bottles, most of my toys, bugs and mosquitoes.  You can see pictures of me and my brothers and sisters at New Zion, my dad Lucky, my mom Dora and us kids, and then pictures of just me when I arrived in Lafayette in June 2010.  I was a big boy--even then, I weighed 21 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment